Sunday, December 13, 2009

My First 30+ MPH Hill

When i got back from NY i started getting into the scene, so i looked around the internet and found Silverfishlongboarding.com I noticed there was a DH scene in Florida and i picked one a bit too advance for me at the time. I manage to get out there on Dec 2009 on one of their sessions. I came unprepared and didn't know much too. All i came armed with was a helmet and at that time i wasn't one to wear one, but i knew i was going to need it. I noticed people wearing gloves, so i borrowed April wrist protectors and some extra pair of gloves. let just say i need more than that cause by the end of that day i fell 3 times first time scraped my elbows and knee on the first run on the hill know as Grassy lake in Clermont, FL a hill that can easily take you 35mph. Second time i was avoiding getting hit by a car and i messed up on a slide and fell going at lease 25 mph messed up my wrist for 3 months. Then the third time was the final blow. I started behind everyone there was about 8 people i believe and i was going so fast that by the time i reach the bottom i was between first and second guys that start off. At the bottom of the hill there was a right turn i was going too fast and i went between two people i tried to slow down with my gloves, but it torn them apart and i ran one of the guys out off the road. When i got up i was dizzy my wrist was in pain cause of the previous fall and i burned my hand laying it down on the asphalt. It ripped my glove apart. On top of that i had a nasty big road rash on my right arm. I knew i had enough and i had to go. That was my first lesson in DH. If you are new go with the right equipment and go when you are 100 percent ready. I learned the hard way.


The link provided leads to my facebook account were i have the video when i first went to Clermont. 






Here another video, but this one from a cell phone.









No comments:

Post a Comment